Amazon Prime In a Nutshell – Yay or Nay?
As you may already know, Amazon is currently the largest online retailer in the world. As the biggest Internet company by revenue, Amazon offers something in the manner of annual membership called Amazon Prime. This premium option costs $99 per year and includes various benefits. Let’s get started and go through all the premium services you get with Amazon Prime.
- Free, 2-days shipping on qualified items. There are around 100 million items marked as prime, which means you won’t pay any extra for fast shipping.
If the order goes beyond $35, you get free same-day shipping or free one-day shipping, provided you live in particular zip codes.
Also, in select cities, there is also a service called “Prime Now” – a free 1- or 2-hour delivery of everyday products and essentials. Make sure to do a little research to make sure it applies to you!
Finally, Free Release-Date Delivery. The product will be delivered to your doorstep on the release day by 7 PM.
- Prime Video. As a member of Amazon Prime, you receive the option of unlimited online streaming of the movies and TV shows they have available, including American Gods, The Grand Tour, Man in The High Castle and more. You can also download the movies to watch them offline later on any device that you want – a tablet, a computer or your mobile phone. Here Amazon Prime turns out to be a decent competitor of Netflix, but it doesn’t have such a great choice of movies. Still, though, it is enough for the majority of people with its thousands of movies, while the number of them goes up all the time.
- Twitch Prime. Something for gamers. If you are one of them, you will enjoy ad-free games, new characters, surprises and exclusive upgrades every month! You can also expect major discounts on pre-order box games.
- Prime Music. Doesn’t an ad-free and on-demand selection of 2 million songs sound tempting? You can stream music on all your favorite devices, including Amazon Echo. Take your music anywhere with offline listening. Take advantage of a ready playlist for every mood and occasion or personalize your own one in a few clicks. Prime Music is a nice substitute for Spotify.
- Audible Channels are audio series, playlists, and audiobooks you can listen to anytime you want with Amazon Prime membership.
- Prime Photos. Access to unlimited storage for your photos. Save your pictures or videos and the high quality will remain.
- Prime Reading. Enjoy unlimited reading on any device, not necessarily a Kindle. Just download the Kindle app and browse thousands of books, magazines, and comics. You can also easily switch to Audible Narration! Additionally, each month you are allowed to choose one of six editor’s picks for free – before the official publication (Amazon First Reads).
- Prime Early Access. You get access to the lightning deals 30 minutes before everybody else. Usually, lightning deals take from 2 to 3 minutes, so you will have much more time to get it to your cart first.
- More: earn from 2% to even 5% back at Amazon. Read more HERE.
Still not sure? No problem! Try out Amazon Prime Membership with 30 days free trial. Just bear in mind that after 30 days, your paid subscription will start automatically. You will need to cancel it beforehand if needed.
How To Decide If You Need It
- Speed matters to you.
If you tend to buy stuff in a rush, for instance right before holidays, Prime Membership might be a good deal for you. 2-days free delivery makes it possible to procrastinate buying stuff you need and gives you more time to think it through.
If you already have Spotify and Netflix or you are not a consistent reader, consider buying Prime Membership twice. Also, if you don’t order more than 12 times per year, Amazon Prime may not be highly useful for you. Apart from that, remember that usually free-shipping applies to nearly everyone whose order exceeds $25.
- You will share the services with somebody in your household.
It’s a cool idea to split the price of Prime Membership between two people, for example, roommates, but you can also share with your family. Your kids will enjoy not only the children’s books in Prime Reading but also cartoons in Prime Video.
- You are a fan of lightning deals.
If you enjoy the huge discounts but hate buying in a rush, Prime Amazon might be a solution to this problem. 30 minutes more will undoubtedly be helpful while deciding whether you want to buy the product or not, especially on Black Friday or Christmas discounts.
SIGN UP for Amazon Prime free-trial here and enjoy services today!
YouTube Channel: SetMeFree Financially